Thank you for your interest in becoming a surrogate mother in California. It really is one of the most selfless acts anyone can perform. Fertility Solutions International has helped thousands of couples in their quest to have a family through in-vitro fertilization (IVF), egg donation, and surrogacy. We specialize in cross-border arrangements and have had the pleasure of assisting intended parents from over 15 countries and growing.
If you are a U.S. citizen and are interested in changing someone’s life and building an amazing bond with your intended parents, we’d love to hear from you. Our typical client is an overseas couple, hetero or gay couple, or a single man or woman. They are looking to engage in a surrogacy relationship in the United States due to favorable laws, the best success pregnancy success rates, premium medical care, and an open surrogate relationship that is encouraged and fostered.
To learn more about our agency or learn how to become a surrogate mother in California, keep reading.
Unique Surrogate Benefits
In addition to standard benefits like most agencies, we have unique programs that allow for surrogates to travel abroad to top foreign clinics for transfer. This allows surrogates and intended parents to take advantage of the strong legal climate in the U.S., but also more affordable treatment costs in other countries. It is also typically a unique and rewarding experience for surrogates.
A typical benefit package can be worth up to $50,000 and typically includes:
- Base Fee
- Start of Medication Fee
- Embryo Transfer Fee
- Pregnancy Confirmation Fee
- Monthly Allowance
Who Is Eligible To Become A Surrogate Mother in California?
We are looking for passionate, dedicated women typically between the ages of 21 and 39. Here are some considerations for those wanting to apply:
- You must have at least one child of your own who is living with you.
- You must not have a history of significant complications during pregnancy;
- You should have a healthy body mass index (BMI);
- Healthy eating habits are essential to the optimal growth and development of the baby you will carry and reduce risks such as gestational diabetes;
- You should be a non-smoker and non drug user;
- You should have a stable home life with a good support system;
- You must not currently be receiving government financial assistance and must be financially stable yourself;
- There may not be any prior felonies with you or your spouse or partner;
- You or your spouse or partner should not have a history or mental illness or be taking medication as such;
- We are open to both married and single women as certain countries require surrogates to be non married by law;
- Living in California is a definite advantage as many transfers will take place there, but other states may be possible;
About Fertility Solutions International
Fertility Solutions International is an award winning global reproductive solutions agency. In 2011, we won the award as the top medical travel company globally at the World Medical Tourism and Global Healthcare Conference in Chicago. We have a perfect A+ Better Business Bureau record and have many online positive reviews for our dedication to our clients. We are the proposed subject of a reality televisions series about what we do. We look forward to possibly adding you to our team.
Process To Become A Surrogate Mother in California
- Initial Intake – To begin, you can complete the online questionnaire below and submit. It will automatically come to us for review. It is a cursory overview to ensure basic requirements are met to proceed to the next stage.
- In-Depth Questionnaire – If initial approval has been given, you will be asked to complete a detailed questionnaire
- Video Interview – If both parties still feel they would like to proceed, we will setup a video conference to discuss the process in more detail, and both parties will be able to ask in-depth questions to ensure the fit is right.
- Paperwork – At this stage, you will be asked to provide copies of social insurance number, insurance documents, and past pregnancy records
- Initial Medical Screening – The final step before being accepted to our program is to undergo initial medical testing to ensure suitability for your role as a gestational carrier.
- Match – Once you have been accepted to our program, we can now look to match with intended parents. We will take the desires of both intended parents and yourself into consideration and then setup video conferences with potential matches.
- Medical and Psychological Clearance – If both parties agree to the relationship, we will move to psychological evaluation and detailed medical screening.
- Legals – When psychological and medical screening is passed, we can move on to the legal part. The law mandates that you will have your own separate legal representation, as will intended parents. Your lawyer will review contracts with you and provide legal support.
- Implantation – Once all legal contracts have been signed, you can begin the process for embryo implantation. Typically, you will begin with medication on the second day of your menstrual cycle to prepare your uterine lining for implantation. This typically takes about 2 – 3 weeks.
- Pregnancy – Once a positive pregnancy has been attained, you will remain in the care of the fertility clinic until week 9 or 10, at which time you will be released to the care of your OB/GYN for continued pregnancy monitoring.
Thank you for taking the time to complete this form. We value your time and interest in working with our intended parents. We look forward to reading your application and will typically respond within 24 hours.